Bitdefender Error 1020 – Bitdefender Error 1020 is one of the most common error which you may face while updating your version of the product. You just need to follow the basic troubleshooting steps to fix the issues. Also, you may contact Bitdefender Support, if unable to fix the issue on your own. Here in this article, we will be describing the step-by-step procedure to fix the Bitdefender Error 1020 online.
How to Fix Bitdefender Error 1020?
Methods To Fix Bitdefender Error 1020 – Bitdefender Support:
Method 1 – Clean Junk And Temp Files:
- First of all, open your device and then click on the Start button.
- Now, in the search box, you need to type RUN and then select the Run from the searched results.
- After that, a Run dialog box will open, type the %Temp% in the search box.
- In addition, you need to press enter using the keyboard or click Ok, to open temp folder.
- Now, from the folder select entire data and then right-click using the mouse.
- Furthermore, you need to select the Delete option from the list.
- Click Ok or Yes, to allow the permission to completely remove the data from the system.
- Now, wait to finish the process and then restart your system to save the changes.
If the above-mentioned method doesn’t fix the Bitdefender Error 1020, then you may also run the Disk Cleanup to remove the temp files. Also, follow the other methods to fix the issue from your system without any trouble.
Method 2 – Install Available Updates:
You can follow the process given below to install all the available updates on your system. The updates will also get installed automatically as soon as available if you have turned on the automatic update feature on your system. Let’s follow the process to check and install the updates manually:
- First of all, you need to click on the start button and then update in the search box.
- Now, select the update option from the searched results and then press enter key.
- Furthermore, a window will pop up with the available updates.
- If the updates are available to install then click Install and wait to finish the process.
- Now, restart your device to complete the process and then check for the error message.
- If the error exists then contact Bitdefender Support or visit us at central.bitdefender.com for help.
Method 3 – Repair Windows Registry Entries:
- Firstly, click on the start button from the bottom left corner of the screen.
- Now, type cmd or command in the search box.
- Furthermore, select the CMD from the searched results and then press enter while holding the CTRL + Shift altogether.
- Click Yes, to allow the permission to the program to open.
- Now, where the cursor is blinking, type “regedit” and then press enter.
- After that, select the Bitdefender Error 1020 – related key from the registry editor.
- Click on the Export from the File menu and then from the Save in a list you need to select the folder to save the backup key.
- You will be asked to type the name of the file in the FileName box.
- After typing the file name, make sure to select the Selected Branch from the Export range box.
- In conclusion, click on the Save button to save the .reg extension file on your system.
After following the above process you will be able to save the backup key on your device and then check for the error. If you see the same error then contact Bitdefender Support or visit us at central.bitdefender.com for the further help. You may also follow the other methods like uninstallation and reinstallation of the product. Along with that clean installation also work in order to fix the Bitdefender Error 1020 from your device.
FAQs – Bitdefender Support:
- How to fix Bitdefender update failed error
- Error: Bitdefender 2018 not updating
- How to fix Bitdefender error code
- What are the steps to fix Bitdefender error 2019
- How to troubleshoot Bitdefender update error 1011
- Unable to fix Bitdefender free update failed error 2019
- What is Bitdefender VPN error code 1009
- How to resolve Bitdefender error 1002
For more details and other related information of issues related to your product, you can contact Bitdefender Support. In order to get the troubleshooting step guide, you may also connect with the support using the link Bitdefender Central Website Online.