Bitdefender Error 28 – The user generally gets the Bitdefender error 28 while updating, renewing, and using the Bitdefender on their computer. This update error generally appears when there is an internal connection error. Such as the connection temporary failed, you are using a proxy, another firewall blocked the Bitdefender update, etc.
In this article, we will discuss how to deal with Bitdefender Error 28. We will also provide you with the troubleshooting steps to fix the issues that you are having. For instant resolution of the issue, you can contact the Bitdefender Support at the toll-free number. Furthermore, if you have a Bitdefender Central Account then visit Central.Bitdefender.com. Here, you can check your Bitdefender Subscriptions and their details.
Troubleshoot Bitdefender Error 28 in 4 Steps
Step 1 – Restart the Computer and Retry
If you are getting any issue with your Bitdefender application that you have installed. Then we recommend you to save all your data and restart the device.
You can follow these steps and get the Bitdefender on your computer:
- Firstly, save all your data and terminate the applications running on your computer.
- Navigate to the Restart button on your computer.
- Click on the Restart button and click on it.
- Your device will shut down and go to the boot mode.
- After checking the function and configuration of all the software, the device will start back again.
- Once the device starts again, check whether the Bitdefender is working properly or not.
Try to install the pending Bitdefender updates. If you are still getting the Bitdefender Error 28 then go to the next step to fix the issue.
Step 2 – Check the Internet Connection
The Bitdefender requires a good internet connection to work and install updates. If you have a high-speed internet connection then you may not face any issue.
Follow this guide to make sure internet is working properly and fix Bitdefender Error 28.
- Launch a web browser of your choice on your computer.
- In the search box type anything random, such as “Central.Bitdefender.com” and hit the enter key.
- If you get any search result then the internet is working fine.
- Otherwise, there could be some issues with the internet.
- Now you need to get to the Internet Service Provider and ask about the internet issues.
In case, your internet connection seems well and you are still unable to install Bitdefender Updates. Then you need to contact the Bitdefender Support. We recommend you to try the next step too.
Step 3 – Check System Requirements for Bitdefender
If your device is not updated according to the system requirements for the Bitdefender product that product. Then you can get issues while using the product. You need to update your device according to the minimum system requirements.
The Minimum System Requirement:
- Operating System – Windows 7 SP1 or above
- Memory (RAM) – 1 GB RAM
- CPU – Dual Core 1.6 GHz processor
- Free Disk Space – 2 GB Disk Space
The Required System Requirement:
- Operating System – Windows 7 SP1 or above
- Memory (RAM) – 2 GB RAM
- CPU – Intel Core 2 Duo (2 GHz)
- Free Disk Space – 2.5 GB Disk Space
You need to update your device according to these measures. After that check whether the Bitdefender is working properly or not.
Step 4 – Go Bitdefender Central and Redownload Bitdefender
When none of the above steps are working for you then you need to remove the Bitdefender from your device. To resolve the Bitdefender Error 28, you can follow these steps:
- Firstly, on your Windows Computer, open the Control Panel.
- Make sure you choose the category view for the Control Panel.
- Now click on Uninstall a Program under the Program menu.
- A list of all the installed application and software will appear on your computer screen.
- Navigate and right-click on Bitdefender software.
- Choose to Uninstall from the sub-menu.
- If prompted for permission, click yes to remove Bitdefender from the computer.
Once the Bitdefender is removed, restart the computer. After your device starts back again, install the Bitdefender on your computer. Follow these steps:
- Launch the Bitdefender Central on your web browser. Try Central.Bitdefender.com.
- Enter the Bitdefender login credentials such as email address and password.
- Go to the Bitdefender product information and click on the product that you want to install.
- Click on the install or download button. An automatic download will start on your browser.
- Let the download finish on your computer, then install the Bitdefender Product.
- Follow the on-screen instructions and complete the setup.
The Bitdefender Central will give you the latest version of the software to download. Check whether your Bitdefender Error 28. If not then go to Bitdefender Support at central.bitdefender.com.
Similar Issues – Central.Bitdefender.com
- Bitdefender update failed error -2019
- Bitdefender error codes
- Fix Bitdefender VPN error code 1009
- Bitdefender update error
- Bitdefender 2018 not updating
- What is Bitdefender redline?
- Bitdefender update in progress stuck
- Bitdefender error 1007
These are some of the issues that are related to the Bitdefender Error 28. If you are also getting such issues then feel free to contact the Bitdefender support. Visit Central.Bitdefender.com and talk to a skilled technician now. #office.com/setup